LockDown Browser Installation File Download Page
LockDown Browser® is provided to you free of charge by Certica Solutions and must be installed on devices students are using to take assessments whether at home, at school, or in a lab environment.
Step 1: Install LockDown Browser
- Download the appropriate installation file from the list below, based on whether you are a student or lab manager, and whether you use Windows® or MacOS®
- Run the installation file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- At the end of the installation, click Finish.
- Windows - Student Edition (requires admin rights): DOWNLOAD
- Windows - Lab Edition (does not require admin rights): Email HelpDesk@CerticaSolutions.com to request this file.
- Windows - Lab Edition (MSI installer for managed installs): Email HelpDesk@CerticaSolutions.com to request this file.
- Chromebooks - For district-managed devices only. Installation details coming soon. (Not supported on student-owned devices.)
- macOS - Student and Lab use: DOWNLOAD (Note: iPads are not currently supported)
* All downloads updated: July 6, 2020
Step 2: Configure LockDown Browser in enCASE
After you have installed the LockDown Browser on devices you will use for testing, contact HelpDesk@CerticaSolutions.com to configure the LockDown Browser settings in enCASE.
- You only need to install LockDown Browser one time on each device.
- Students do not need to run LockDown Browser directly; it will start automatically when it is required for taking an assessment through enCASE.
Contact HelpDesk@CerticaSolutions.com for support with LockDown Browser.